Make a strop


Tonight when it is raining outside,
and I make a double side strop.




I stick leather on either side of
the rather thick board,
shave and sand down the edge.




I'm not an experienced knife-grinder.
This strop will make up for my weak point.




All my craft knives
turn out at the new strop. :)



댓글

  1. A nice little project...

    Well done.

    Karl.

    http://ranger-pathfinder-notes.blogspot.com/

    답글삭제
  2. Thanks a favorable comment, Karl. Your post gives me spiritual enlightenment!

    답글삭제
  3. Many folks underestimate the usefulness of a strop.

    답글삭제
  4. My Grandfather always had a strop to put a fine edge to his knives.

    답글삭제
  5. I'm envious of your affluent passing down, gentlemen! Being the lastborn, I have few or no family's heritage.

    답글삭제

댓글 쓰기